Barbie: Porcelain Prima Ballerina Collection, Classic Grace
So it turns out the word ‘What If…’ has its companion.
Sometimes you just keep replaying things that happened in your mind. Every single piece of it, wondering where did it all go wrong.
….Then there comes a time when you finally found it. That one particular moment. You realized that even a simple tiny thing could make a big turnover. And in your mind, all you can think is that you’d give probably anything to go back and change it; only to feel that happiness again. To feel again the warmth over those arms, those butterflies. To hear that laughter, that smile, that look. That look that you could never resist, that whenever you see it, those feelings come bursting out all over again. The sparks that never fade. Those thoughts just won’t go outta your head… and yet, all you can do is lay down and think about every moment you wish you could change.
“I’m happy that you’re happy. But damn… what if?” -Ted Mosby
1.Cry if you need to. Feel sorry for yourself.
2. Call your bestfriend. Ask them all about how their lives are going and tell them about yours. Not only will it take your mind off whatever crappy thing you have been plagued by, but you will laugh with them! Laughing triggers endorphins and endorphins make you happy!
3. Go for a run or a walk. This get’s your endorphins and dopamine going crazy. You will get more energy and more happiness just because the chemicals in your body are running around!
4. Stop and take it all in. Walking in the night? Stop and look at the stars. Breathe in the cold air. Feel alive.
5. Stop whining. Ever heard the saying “love life and life will love you back”? Or, the idea of the power of attraction? It’s true! If you sit around saying “Why me, waaaaa waaaa” then bad things will happen to you. You’re already defeated. If you start saying, “I will be happy, I will accomplish my ambitions, I will find love, I do look amazing, I am a great friend” etc., then not only will you start to believe them but you will be amazed at what amazing things start to happen.
6. Drink hot milk. This always works. Not a milk fan? Try hot tea, maybe?
7. Make a conscious decision to stop holding certain grudges. We all have people we have held grudges on in the past. Let them go. If you feel like you owe this person an apology, don’t be too proud. Send them a sincere facebook apology. Sincerity is in the intent, so even if it’s a 2 sentence apology - as long as you mean it it’s worth it.
8. Write down a list of goals to achieve for the week. As simple as “buy an ice cream” or as large as “jog for 25 minutes non stop” and tick them off when they’re done. You will feel very accomplished and that alone will help pep up your mood!